The (Mis)Adventures of a Krazy Marwari Bride in Kolkata moving to Winnipeg.

Friday 18 October 2013

Back to the Beginning...

Planning a wedding seems to have completely different meanings for a guy and a girl.Girls start planning it literally from the day the start first playing 'house' and never really stop,even after their own weddings!
My wedding shopping started I think 5 years back when my mom started picking up some classic items from every holiday we went to.She practically forced me to buy a beautiful south silk saree from Nalli in Chennai and a Red Ted Baker clutch and Vanity Case from London and unbelievable soft sweaters from Scotland.
That time I sulked and pouted because I wasn't getting to use any of them and I wasn't getting married anytime soon but now I really appreciate my mom's foresight.All the things we picked were classic pieces and my Mom made sure I chose each and every one of them personally.
As a result,When we actually started planning for my wedding early this year,we already had a starting point.Not to say that we did not do a whole lot of shopping later...but I had things I would not have had otherwise.Because believe me once,the date is fixed...time just flies no matter how much time you had.I had 9 months and now with less than 2 months to go I feel like even that wasn't enough!
I hope to document my whole wedding planning process to read back and make fun of myself(yes,I do that) and hopefully help some future brides,especially from Kolkata.So read ahead for some silly bridezilla-esque stories and some tips and tricks that really helped me out when planning my Big Fat Maru Wedding in Kolkata!

2 comments:

  1. WOW..congratulation..m happy for u... For the wedding..n for having such a lovely mom.
    CAnt wait to read about your journey frm miss to mrs..so keep us posted.

    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.blogspot.in


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi crazy bride...How are you Shreya...Hope you are enjoying the shopping and everything. Thank you so much for your comments on my blog. Lets stay in touch. Lets follow each other.

      Jenny’s Bicycle-Indian Fashion Blog!!

      Delete

Theme images by merrymoonmary. Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Krazy Kolkata Bride, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena